Monday, September 12, 2011

Remembering 9-11

"I was in Sarasota Florida with president Bush, covering what we thought would be an extremely ordinary, almost forgettable educational event in the T. Booker elementary school. I was in a small anteroom were the classrooms at the white house had created for us to sit there, watch the president, and watch television. So we see the first after effect of the plane in the tower and then we watch the second jet fly in, and you have a feeling that what you're seeing can't be believed. It's literally, incredible."
                                                                             -Major Garret 

My Memories of 9-11
I remember pertty well where I was, and what I was doing on September 11, 2001. I was in my second grade classroom working on an assigment. Suddenly, another teacher from across the hall came into the room and taped my teacher on the shoulder. They steeped put of the room for a minute, and then came back crying. My teacher turned on the television imedeatly and we saw the towers go down and crummble into dust. It was an unforgettable image, one that is still living in my memory. I will never forget the tears on those teachers faces, the wonder in my classmates. We did't understand what was happening, but we knew it was something horrible. That afternoon when i got home, I asked my mother what had happend to the towers. She anwserd me with a sad smile, "They were terrorist.". Back then I did't understand what "terrorist" were, but i knew they were bad people that tried to hurt the nation. Now that ten years have passed, and i'm a senior in highschool, I still remeber those days. Where there was nothing but sworrow and despair, but not all my memories are bad. I remember a nation that was united to fight against an evil I did not know. September 11 will always live in my memory and in my heart.                                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment